Friday, January 23, 2015

oh.....hi there again!

So, it’s been quite awhile since I’ve blogged, obviously.  Too much has changed to really do an update post so I’ll just lay out my current situation, and then we can all move forward.

Hi, I’m Krista, a mother of two boys and two fur babies living on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada.  My husband is amazing and a terrific support for me and a wonderful Daddy to our children “frog” and “lamb.”  (Before you think I’m all weird with my boys ‘secret’ names…those actually are their nicknames and they get called that regularly).  We have all of our family really close by with only one set of Grandparents living just over an hour away so we are very lucky with all of the support we are able to count on.  I’m currently off on maternity leave with Lamb who is three months old.  Frog is 2.5 years old.  I’ll go back to work as a Probation Officer in October 2015.

We are busy, both out of necessity (two border collie mixes, and young children will do that…) and because we apparently thrive on a tight schedule.  Husband loves hiking, hunting and fishing, and has shared these experiences with me as well.  I have always loved adventure (see previous posts…).  We are  working to raise our boys with the same drives for adventure and exploration, and a love of moving, hiking, and being in and respecting nature.

That’s us in a serious nutshell.

What is this blog about now? Before it was “Krista’s life in Asia.”  It was a way for family and friends to keep up with me while I was overseas.  When I moved back home it immediately fell by the wayside, almost as if I felt my life was no longer interesting which, come to think of it, is a pretty sad statement.  Comparatively though, I guess it wasn’t.  I was finding my feet, falling into jobs that were available,  trying to figure out where I fit after three years abroad.  It was a muddled time.  Anyways, point is, I didn’t blog.

But I’m still here.  And going through probably the most difficult time in my life. The most difficult, and the most rewarding.  I know it’s cliché, but motherhood really is a crazy life altering time.  I’ve had more wtf moments being a mom than I think I did in Asia. The situations aren’t really comparable, as they are obviously very different things; however, they are both experiences full of anecdotes, extreme emotions, and moments where you question yourself to your core, when you figure out who you really are, who you are meant to be.  I shared those moments about Asia, and here I’ll share those moments about motherhood, wifehood, and I guess, just life.

….here we go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home