Thursday, February 01, 2007

tha kiddies singing some wonderful songs that their wonderful teacher taught them....p.s....that's me

This was my youngest class for the intensive period. Basic 3. Singing songs is a part of our daily life...

"Chris is a name, it has a biiiiggggg letter"

One day, one of the kids asked me how to spell "ugly." I immediately burst into "U.G.L.Y you ain't' got no alibi, you're UGLY, yaya, you're UGLY, yaaaa" The kids picked it up, and the "Ugly Song" came into existence as a daily ritual.

They will never forget how to spell ugly again.

The next song after that is a cheerleading chant I stole from Jen. Our books name is Let's Go. And I say "let's go!" quite often in class. Teaching them that chant was a fun thing, but it got sort of annoying when they'd break it out almost everytime I absentmindedly said "ok, guys, get out your books, let's go!"

and...finally. the last song is a screamed version (they're kind of excited by this point) of a Korean chant song (Dae Han Min Guk is Korea in Hangul). The song starts out with "let's go together"...Konglish at it's finest...so our cheerleading chant would often lead into this song.

Lucky me!!!

They were soooo cute though. And high energy...just what you need to get urself through your second round of 3 hour classes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home