Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas in Korea



So, it's Christmas and I'm not home with my family. It was weird, it was different, it wasn't bad, it was actually a lot of fun, but definetly not even close to the same. Anyways, I'm pretty tired right now (it's been a long weekend full of drinking) but I'll leave you all with some videos and pictures for the moment. I'll update this entry when I'm not dead tired.


Friday night there was a house party with gift exchange and the like. A few of us went out for dinner before hand...drank some soju, went to the party, drank some more soju....went to the bar...more soju. The night in all is kind of a blur. Good pictures though, I'm almost certain I had an awesome time.


Adrienne, New Mike, Frasier


Bryant and Justin


The Hammer Game


Justin and Shab

So, after Friday night I woke up around 2pm on Christmas Eve. I had a lot of stuff planned for Saturday. I was supposed to clean the house, get the dog prettied (this included fun Christmas bows that we had), go downtown and do some shopping and a few other odds and ends. Instead, as a direct result of the copious amounts of soju consumed the previous evening, I hung around the bathroom for most of Christmas Eve. Not so much fun, not very merry at all if you ask me. Anyways, by about 7pm I was doing much better (read: not puking) so I sucked it up and headed back out. Christmas Eve at the Waegook was an awesome time. The only place in Gumi with some genuine Christmas cheer. It was a welcome feeling.


Video: The Waegook Cook Christmas Eve - please ignore my singing




Ciaran and Traci

Christmas morning was slow. We got our butts outta bed around 10, drank coffee, got ready and opened presents around 11. I got some nice earrings from my parents and a sweater made for me by my Aunt Marleen (my favorite aunt if you read the label inside of it!) It was pretty low-key. We were hosting a brunch at our place around 2...ya, late brunch, whatever. Again, low key. There were a few of us, me, Christa, Scott (Christa's boyfriend visiting from Canada), Traci, Bryant, Joe, and Greg. We ate some good food (asssaa for Scott bringing us ACTUAL maple syrup from home), watched Napolean Dynamite and tried to wake up from our previous two nights drinking. We lazed around until about 8 and headed back to Waegook for dinner. Had good chats with friends. Played our new favorite game "charades to guess what kind of cheese/fruit/vegetable i am," drank decidedly little, and relaxed more. All in all a perfect end to a great weekend. Again, short report, I'm tired... I have more to update on including my school's Christmas party (and more pics of the munchkins), but I'll do that later. Hope you all have a fabulous Merry Christmas. Enjoy the company of the ones you love. You'll never realize just how important they are to you on occasions like this until you're not there. I'd heard that before but never really let it sink in...it sinks in in a hurry when you're living it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home