Monday, October 17, 2005

ahh highlighter hair!

ok, so Koreans have different hair than we do. I'm not retarded, I've realized this....but apparently my blonde hair doesn't strike Korean hairdressers as all that different from their own thick, dark, coarse hair. My hair colour was all over the place, my ends were really blonde, my roots were horrible and I had random streaks throughout. It needed a cut and really, it was horrible (note the headbands in the school pictures.....they were my saviour).

So

I've gone to this hairdresser in Masan before with Jenn. They've always been really good, Jenn got her hair dyed there all the time and it turned out fabulous, I've gotten my hair cut and also, fabulous. So, Christa and I headed down there, me for a colour, and Christa for professional straightening.

I got a cut as well, and that turned out really nice, it was all evened out, which is what I wanted. He did take the thinners to it a bit though before I could stop him. I'm thinking to myself "seriously, how about you just FEEL my hair for a second, now, feel YOUR hair....ya, not the same," my hair definetly does not need thinning.....but I let it go.

Then we started dying

And he left the bleach on for an extraordinarily long time....and my hair turned highlighter yellow.

And my eyebrows were still dark, and it looked scary...

So we dyed my eyebrows the same....cuz it seemed logical at the time due to my panic...

THEN, we decided that we should maybe put in some brown streaks....to tone down the brilliant dazzle that was my head....

and they came out grey

So...now I have shocking yellow (and I mean yellow) hair with grey streaks and non-existant eyebrows that are blending in with my skin tone and definetly not balancing out my square jaw, so my jaws now taking over my face and overall it's scary

SO, we go home on the train and actually go out that night. Christa has eyebrow makeup so I toned down my eyebrows a bit. We had fun. I'm starting to think that possibly it doesn't look THAT bad...

Then I get up the next morning and realize that, nope, I look evil, evil and wrong. I talk to my mom on msn with the webcam, she calls me a lemon head and Christa can't really look at my face without a smirk breaking out. It's time to act. So, I go across the street and buy a box of hair dye. The picture is a brownish colour. I'm thinking that it's best to go darker and not try for blonde right away and darker would be better than this really.

But the brown dye is made to dye black Korean hair to a lighter brown, not evil lemon to darker...so my hair changes to a slightly more strawberry lemon. It looks like lemon gatorade on my head.

So, thank god it was a long weekend. I headed into downtown Gumi on Monday morning, hat on my head, to find a hair salon. My hair is now brown, as are my eyebrows....although as time goes by it's starting to fade to this redish brown thing.....it still looks ok, but it's kind of scaring me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home