Friday, April 08, 2005

No, I'm not dead, just lazy

Hello to all my faithful readers!

Well, I know it's been a long time, but I can assure you that I'm still alive in Korea. Nothing much has changed here. I still go to work, I'm still not loving my job, but it's still a good-paying job so I do it. I've taken quite a few small trips in this past month. I've gone to Gyeongju, the old capital of Korea, to Andong to see the traditional villages and to Masan to visit my friend Jenn from University. I've climbed a mountain here in Gumi....ok, I took a tram up the mountain and strolled my way down. All in all, I'm experiencing what Korea has to offer. I'll be heading off to Seoul this weekend to see the De-Militarized Zone with friends and possibly take in some other Seoulian sights while I'm there. I'm on the look-out for a new digital camera. Part of the reason (i.e. excuse #1) I havn't been keeping up with the blog is my camera sucks. Well, I shouldn't say that, it's just old. The battery pack is dying and instead of getting a new one, I've decided to buy a whole new camera. It makes sense, doesn't it? The memory card was really small as well. I remember, 4 years ago when my camera was new, when the memory card was good.....ah how time flies. As it stands right now my camera will stay alive for ohhh, 30 minutes before dying and will hold maybe 15 pictures on the best quality setting. That's definitely not up to today's standards. The plan is to get one as soon as my Canada tax return comes. Hurry up government!!....ya, I should hold my breath for that one.
I've been volunteering at the local orphanage on Saturdays and am beginning to learn my Korean alphabet. Life is progressing and also becomming somewhat normal. A routine has definetly been established and time seems to be flying. It's already been 2 months. Take some time and read my updates, there are quite a few. Again, sorry for the lack of upkeep here. I'll blame it on my camera, I mean, what's the fun in just reading? I know you wanna see pictures and I had to wait for friends to email me their copies since my camera's a piece and kept dying on me!
Till next time!
Cheers!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home