Friday, April 08, 2005

Trip to Gyeongju

In the beginning of March Drew, Devon and I took the 2 hour bus trip to Gyeongju. Gyeongju was the old capital of Korea during the Shilla Kingdom for over 1000 years. There is a ton of stuff I could write about what I saw there. It'd take forever. Instead, here is the website. http://www.lifeinkorea.com/travel2/travel.cfm. It's a great website. Very informative. I will say this though, it was bloody cold that day. I'm not even joking, oh my god. I'm just a Vancouver Island/Lower Mainland girl. I am not used to the cold. It is not supposed to be that cold! It was a chill you into your bones without even thinking about it cold. I was with Drew, from Cleveland and Devon from Ontario via Halifax. They thought it was cold, but not THAT cold....I on the other hand, thought the world was ending.
Anyways, Gyeongju was pretty cool, my first glimpse of Korean culture. I was very happy to see that there actually was some out there! Bulguksa Temple is terrific. Beautiful. I must go back in both the Spring and Fall to see the flowers and the fall leaves. By then I should have my new digital camera so I'll take plenty of pictures, I promise. Check out the website! It is really well done. There was just so much that I saw there, seriously, it'd take me forever to explain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home