Thursday, June 09, 2005

This is a letter that a friend of mine here Devon wrote. Marnie, my old roommate, had asked Devon for a letter of recommendation prior to her leaving the country to move to Wales. Devon wrote her a fabulous letter, and then he also wrote her this. Konglish is Koreanized English. It is what we speak to our students. I guess you could compare it to baby talk. The main reason it exists is Korean sentence structure is completely different from ours. When we'd say "I am a teacher," Korean's would say "I teacher am." I speak Konglish all the time, and I'm finding that it's working it's way into my daily vocabulary, which is scary. Read on, and enjoy....also, if you understand the Konglish part, then you may make a good ESL teacher!!


Marnie teacher job good give why?
Why you should give Marnie a job

Marnie teacher good teacher is. Me Marnie teacher is me study time long. Bravo Marnie teacher! ^_^ Marnie teacher many funny and is teach game many. Marnie teacher is test cunning small, but check many, dang many no! Marnie teacher is go, me sad and is cry many. Marnie teacher go no!

Marnie is a good teacher. I have studied with Marnie for a long time. Good Job Marnie! :) Marnie is very funny and teaches many games. She doesn’t cheat when marking our tests, but sometimes if we make mistakes, we still get marked right. Marnie is leaving, and I am sad, I will cry. Marnie don’t go!

Marnie teacher stick many is no, smile many is yes! Marnie teacher smile is die little. Marnie teacher fat, pretty many many. Marnie teacher speaking “Me is princess”, me “hee hee” many many. Me birthday, Marnie teacher beck coupon give, me happy, assa speaking. But me friend birthday, Marnie teacher friend coupon give, me coupon give no, me sad. I head speak “Marnie teacher, why me coupon is no?”

Marnie doesn’t hit us with her stick, she smiles a lot. Marnie is always smiling. Marnie is a little overweight, but she is very pretty. Marnie calls herself a princess in class, it makes me laugh a lot. On my birthday Marnie gave me 100 coupons, I was happy. I said “Assaaa” (YES). But on my friends birthday, Marnie gave my friend coupons, but I didn’t get any, it made me sad. I thought to myself, “Marnie teacher, why didn’t you give me any coupons?”

Marnie teacher boy love is Rudolph song sing gu-mi come. Marnie boyfriend big and hair no. Marnie teacher boyfriend English speaking crazy, “loo” speaking is toilet same same. Yong-guk speaking is English speaking many same same no. Korea finishi, Marnie teacher go boyfriend house, is live house same.

Marnie’s boyfriend loves to sing the song Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer comes to Gumi. Marnie’s boyfriend is big and bald. He is English and his speaking is very weird. When he says “loo” it is the same as saying toilet. Canadian’s English is not the same as the English people from England speak. Many words are different. Marnie is finished in Korea, she will go to England and live with her boyfriend.

Devon teacher student is speak “Marnie teacher, Devon teacher love” me speaking no! Devon teacher scary, Marnie teacher good, love is no. Devon teacher student is bad speaking. Devon teacher babo, is face hair bad. Devon teacher face hair is why?

One of Devon’s students says that Marnie and Devon love each other. I say that they don’t. Devon teacher is scary, Marnie is good, they don’t love each other. Devon’s student is telling lies. Devon is stupid, and he has a bad beard. I wonder why Devon has a beard?

Marnie teacher is study many, uno game is little. Hong teacher speaking Uno game is no, Marnie teacher uno game play, speaking Hong teacher speaking is “shh” Marnie teacher cunning is many. Marnie teacher is fan speaking funny many. Marnie teacher cola drink is many, auto bike driving box is coffee no.

We study a lot in Marnie’s class, we don’t play a lot of Uno. Mrs. Hong tells us that we should not play Uno, but Marnie let’s us play Uno if we don’t tell Mrs. Hong. Marnie cheats with games a lot. Marnie speaks into the fan a lot and it is very funny. She drinks a lot of cola. She drives a scooter, but she is not a coffee girl*.


* In Korea there are girls who drive around on scooters. They deliver “coffee” to men who order it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home