Sunday, January 16, 2005

I actually AM going to Korea!!!

YAY THE PAPER CAME!! Well, actually, the paper came on Thursday and I just got it today after much franticness. I will explain. I have had my first real lesson in dealing with another culture and how when doing so miscommunications can often occur. In order to obtain my work Visa I had to receive one simple piece of paper from Korea (half of which I can't even read), and take it to the Korean Consulate in downtown Vancouver. This sounds simple enough right? The only hitch is that I moved out of my apartment in December prior to Christmas and have been staying at my boyfriend Marc's house. I thought I had made it clear to my director that my address had been changed, but apparently I had not. This extremely important piece of paper was sent to my old apartment. Don't worry, I managed to intercept said document prior to it being "returned to sender" the next business day. Phew, close call, I was almost in this country another 2 weeks! I am really getting anxious to go now. This has all been in the works since mid-November! I have been living out of two bags for close to a month, twiddling my thumbs and waiting somewhat impaitently for things to get rolling. Now that it seems to be rolling though, it is kind of intimidating. I mean, I'm moving half-way around the World! It'll be fine though, a great expereince.....right? Nah, I'll be fine, and trust me, the way technology is these days, I won't miss a thing back home! and all my loyal followers won't miss a thing that happens in the exciting world of Krista thanks to this website, msn and my webcam! Yes, we do live in a wonderful world....although one wonders when we manage to obtain privacy when there seem to be so many ways to connect! That's my deep thought for the day, and that will probably be it until I buy my plane tickets and reality really hits home...till then!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home